Wednesday, April 27, 2011

So what is a focus group?

So what is all this talk about focus groups.... what is it? How do you find them? How do you actually make money??? Well my super savers, Scarlett is here to answer all those questions and to provide you with a list of databases that I have personally made money from.

Focus Group.  Defintion-
A small group selected from a wider population and sampled, as by open discussion, for its members' opinions about or emotional response to a particular subject or area, used especially in market research or political analysis.
yup yup blah blah blah, to me it's a hour or two of meeting some new peeps, talking about potential new products and providing your honest opinions, and best of all getting paid to talk :)

The list that I will be providing, YES I have actually done groups with all of these, so I personally know that are legit.

I honestly can't remember how I first got into these, but after going to one, meeting new peeps, getting referals to others, word of mouth, and online invites, I have made this list.

Each company is different. They ask you to put yourself into their database with some basic information. From there, they will usually email, but I have gotten phone calls as well to ask you more questions. Usually any given group will be looking for a certain demographic. For example, Looking for Women ages 18-30, Parent of a child 5 yo, and have an income of over 50,000. If you fit the demographic, you will be asked more questions to see if you actually qualify for the specific study. It may sound complicated by super easy.

The list I will be giving is what I consider worth the drive. I usually go to Braintree, Dedham, Canton and Boston. If the pay is good, it's usually worth the drive.
 Note: Thus far the groups that I have done in Boston will validate your parking.

Now the only courtesy that I ask, Is that once you start getting emails or phone calls, you let me know and forward me any studies that I may eligible for as well :)


1. http://suburbanfocusgroup.com/
2. http://www.newenglandfocusgroup.com/
3. http://focuspointeglobal.com/pages/fpg_Home.aspx
4. http://www.focusonboston.com/join.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment